Thursday, June 26, 2008

This is Josh's sister Erin. It breaks my heart to have to share this with you but Josh and Cali have asked that I update you on their situation:

This morning they went in for another stress test on baby Mac. Sadly, the doctor's were unable to find a heartbeat. Cali said that she could feel him kicking and moving last night and that he even had the hiccups, so his passing must have occured sometime during the night. They are absolutely heartbroken, as we all are, but they are in good spirits and are doing as well as can be expected.

Cali has been induced and has started having contractions. They have given her an epidural and expect baby Mac to arrive sometime during the night or early morning.

After Mac has been born, they will allow the family to spend six hours with him. After that, they will take his body to be autopsied (to find out what caused his death) and then they will prepare his little body for burial. They expect to have his funeral service on Monday or Tuesday sometime.

We visited the hospital twice today to see them and both times there was a very strong feeling of peace there with them. We know that Heavenly Father loves them and is watching over them during this difficult time. We are grateful as a family for the knowledge we have of the plan of salvation. We know we will see baby Mac again.

We love you baby Mac!

Please keep Josh and Cali in your thoughts and prayers.

7 comments:

Sarah Larsen said...

Cali- We got the news at work today. I have been thinking about you and Josh all day. I had to leave work because I really couldn't get anything done thinking about your sweet little boy. You are such a special person and I truly beleive that Heavenly Father must have chosen you specifically to be Mac's mom for a short time. I just want you to know that I love you and you are in my prayers.

us said...

Our hearts go out to you guys. I want to say so many things, but cant get the words out. Lance and I love you guys more than anything. Stay strong...The Lord needed baby Mac to be with him.. an angel in the heavens above. We are praying for the three of you, and are here for you and always will be.

Clint and Kristen Family said...

We are so sorry to hear about your sweet baby. Our hearts and prayers are full of thoughts for you and your family.

KimMoore said...

I wanted to let everyone know that my husband Turreal and I are going to start a baby Mac memorial fund at Wells Fargo today. We wanted to do something to help with the cost of burial. I will leave more details today as I find out how to donate and what not. You may also contact me at kimoore24@gmail.com if you have questions or just want to help! All any of us can do is think of Josh and Cali- we thought this would be a great way to show we care!

Kimberly Moore

Unknown said...

I am Erin's friend and found your blog through theirs. I want you to say I am So sorry for your loss of your sweet precious son. It is hard to understand why these things have to happen. My husband and I lost our son almost 4 years ago, and not a day goes by when i don't think about him or what he would look like now or what he wold be doing.

The best thing that helps me is that our Heavenly Father has a plan for each and everyone of us. I hope you can feel his love during this difficult time.

your family will be in our thoughts and prayers during this time.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear what happened. Know that my prayers are with you, and stay strong. Baby Mac is waiting for you.
Scott B.

Tiffany Webber said...

My heart hurts for you both as I read your story about your precious Angel Mac. My little boy Taylor was born stillborn 2 years ago on May 6, 2006. My heart still aches for him and it always will, but because of his life, I know my Savior more, and I am forever greatful for the beautiful presence that he has made in my life. We were just blessed with Taylor's little brother Kaden Jonathan on Feb 12, 2008. The Lord truly does give us peace during and after our storms. I am so sorry for your loss. You both are in my thoughts and prayers. This is a terrible loss, and I can't say that it will never hurt, but I promise you that the Lord will give you the strength you need to hold on. He knows you and He loves you. I would love to support you in any way I can. Please e-mail me if you ever want to talk. It helped me so much to talk to other Mother's who had gone through the same thing as me. I was angry, mad, and heartbroken and nobody knew how I felt. Please know that you are loved and that others want to support you both through this trial. My thoughts and prayers are with you as I pray for your peace and comfort. Mac is beautful and his spirit radiates with purity. You may have already heard this quote, but I thought I'd share it with you just in case.
"The Lord takes many away, even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the evils and sorrows of this present world. They were too pure, too lovely to live on earth. Therefore, if rightly considered; instead of mourning, we have reason to rejoice; as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again."
~Joseph Smith
May you feel the spirit and the prayers in your behalf.
Love,
Tiffany Webber
beautylishuss@yahoo.com