Tuesday, November 4, 2008

HalLoWeEn wEeK



On McKallisters 4 month birthday we carved pumpkins at my Mom's house. It was so much fun!! It was the first year that Alex worked on his pumpkin from start to finish and actually touched the "guts" inside. He was even joking around that he would eat it or throw it at us. Josh carved one side of his pumpkin all out and then decided he didn't like it and so did the other side and put the messed up side back together with tooth picks. Both of them turned out to be adorable i thought. :) My Mom and I mainly scraped out all of the insides of everyones pumpkin which is a special talent that we both seem to have. Ha Then there was Taylor...hers was an art project!! She studied out what the best option would be depending on the shape of her pumpkin, she got pictures of different options, and then she took HOURS to finish. I never got a final picture of her pumpkin because we had to leave before she was finished. She ended up scraping out the shape of the temple, which was awesome!!

Two days later we got together with one of Taylor and Josh's friends from school, Akwasi, because he has never carved pumpkins before!! It was really fun to watch someone experience pumpkin carving for the first time- he thought we were nuts but seemed to enjoy it. TJ and I worked on the one she is holding, and Akwasi did his own. Josh was so bored of carving so many pumpkins that he did homework and sat around trying to get us to do something else! Thanks to everyone for the fun we had!!

7 comments:

TAYBEL said...

Carving pumpkins was one thing we didn't do this Halloween. :( That looked like a lot of fun!

Erin said...

We never got around to carving our pumpkins this year. We bought two but they are still sitting on our porch untouched. We'll have to think of something creative to do with them like make pumpkin pie or something.

I thought a lot about Mac on Halloween and how much I wished he could have been out trick-or-treating with the little ones. I'm sure they do something really fun up there in the Spirit world for the little ones who never got to experience a Halloween on earth. Maybe Grandma Green got to take him trick-or-treating... :).

The Jensen Family said...

Jory and I are loosers and we didn't carve our pumpkin, it just sat outside our door (its still sitting there)! We need to come hot-tubbing again.
PS You guys did an awesome job at Mac's grave, it looks so cute! I love it

AnneMarie said...

Leave it to Taylor! They look awesome!

Jessica said...

I remember looking at Erin's blog last year at this time when you guys carved pumpkins. It was the first time that I realized Josh and Erin were bro and sis!!! Next year before you guys all start carving pumpkins PLEASE call me. I had over 200 pumpkins on my front lawn for a week! In fact, Eric brought like 10 over to the school in his truck! NEXT YEAR.... Little Mac's grave looks awesome. I thought alot about you and Josh on Halloween! Hope you are hanging in there.

Natalie Maughan said...

Do you think Josh has ADD? Oh look! Something Shiny!! (hahaha- love ya Josh!)

Sarah said...

Cali, I've stumbled on a bunch of blogs tonight, and I'm so glad I can add yours to the mix! Your pumpkins are adorable and your family is so beautiful. I hope everything is going well for you! Someone as wonderful as you deserves it.

Much love,

Sarah Carr (ex-Lougee)